Infrared Himalayan Salt Saunas
Dry heat or Infrared Saunas are heated between 100-140 degrees by infrared waves that heat the objects in the room rather than increasing the air temperature. Each of our 2 two-person saunas is equipped with a CD player, audio jack for your MP3 player, air ionizer, movable back rests and Himalayan Salt bricks. Himalayan Salt bricks help purify the air and promote detoxifying.
Planning Your Sauna Visit
Preparing for Your Session
- Do not eat a full meal (light snack is ok) or smoke tobacco products at least 60mins priors to your session.
- No alcohol or drug use prior to sauna use. If you are taking prescription drugs, please consult with your doctor prior to using the sauna.
- If you have any medical conditions please consult with your doctor prior to using the sauna.
- Hydrate fully.
- Do not wear any colognes, perfumes, skin care products, or makeup and limit deodorant usage in the sauna; as many of these contain scents that may be offensive to other users and chemicals that are harmful when heated.
What to Bring
- Signed release form (YOU CAN DOWNLOAD ONE HERE)
- Water in a plastic bottle (BPA free preferred)
- Towels (we provide one to sit on)
- Loose fitting natural clothing if you prefer to be clothed.
- Clean sandals designated only for sauna and shower use.
- Toiletries for showering after your session.
- Light snack or electrolyte drink for after your session.
- MP3 player and/or reading material (we have books and CDs available too.)
What to Expect During Your Visit
- Dry sauna is heated to 100-140 degrees; start at 100 degrees for your first session and work your way higher. If you have a preferred temperature let us know ahead of time.
- Benches get very hot, please sit on a towel (this also keeps the sauna clean.)
- Remove all jewelry (especially metal.)
- Bring water, reading material and/or music in the sauna with you.
- Please set your phone to silent and use library voices in the sauna.
- Not everyone sweats their first time; after your body is acclimated you should sweat profusely.
- Dry brushing, exfoliating, or massage prior to sauna visit may increase lymphatic flow and increase the detoxification process.
- Brief cool shower after to close the pores and rinse off any toxins that were released.